Wednesday, May 25

Hair Cut?


                                              
                                                          links: Sophia Roe , themonacut 
                                         

After having my beautiful daughter nearly two years ago my hair has not been the same. I know what your thinking hair? are you going to cry about it? why yes I'm. I've experience a few set backs, postpartum hair loss and a texture changed. Before my baby my hair was thick! and I had tight type 4 curls but now I lack inspiration and motivation to even care for my hair. No one warns you about the stress it takes to be a mom and how after a baby you have to fall back in love with yourself and with your new life. My hair has taken a back seat to a lot of new changes. I'm utterly uninspired! I've cut my hair at least six times since 2019 and It hasn't helped this feeling of longing, this feeling of what was, the old me. I feel weighed down, over time my hair became part of my identity, who was I without my thick long hair? After months of fighting the urge, I've decided to cut my hair. I want to be free, I've spent years suppressing my feelings because people loved my hair. I'm not going to hold myself back when it comes to my hair because it is just hair it will grow back as long as I'm being safe, I'm going to have some fun.