Tuesday, February 19

Blogger Spotlight | Margo from Classroom Couture






Hi my fashionable people I want you guys to meet one of my style crushes Margo from Classroom Couture. She has an amazing scene of style and her shoe game is crazy!! lol I'm not even going to lie to you guys I was smitten after going through her instagram pictures I knew I need to go and check out her blog and after reading her blog. I knew that I was have a full on style crush on Margo, I really enjoy her personal style and her blog, I mean look at her do you know any teacher's aides who dress like her?? Well now you do. Being a fan of hers, I really wanted to email her and asked a few questions about being a blogger and Margo was kind enough to answer them all for us. lets get started!!!

1. How do you describe your style?
  Margo:I would describe my style as classic chic with a hint of prep.

2.What are your closet staples?
  Margo:Closet staples are a black boyfriend blazer, white button-down, leopard accessories {clutch and belt}, dark skinny jeans, LBD {not only little black dress but a little BRIGHT dress too}, pearl earrings, a high waisted pencil skirt, nude pumps.  My staples are pretty basic but I guess that's why they are my staples :)

3. Who are your style icons?
  Margo: My style icons are Rachel Zoe, Kate Moss, Nicole Richie, Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Onassis, Miranda Kerr, Olivia Palermo.

4. Who or what inspired you to start a blog?
  Margo: The inspiration to start Classroom Couture came to me one day on my drive to work. I was listening to the radio and they had a poll question:

"Real estate agents are said to be the best dressed professionals.  We surveyed people to find what professionals they find to be the worst dressed."  Guess who they voted the worst dressed professionals?  Teachers!?!  I immediately knew I needed to set the record straight and maybe offer some ideas for looking stylish and professional in the classroom.

5. How has blogging changed your life?
  Margo:Blogging has certainly had a positive impact on my life. It's a creative outlet for me and gives me a place the fashion community. I've also met some wonderful people and made some friends along the way.

6.What is the story behind your blog name?
 Margo:Coming up with a name for my blog was pretty easy as a teacher {classroom} who loves fashion {couture}. I also enjoy alliterations so the choice was obvious!

7.In your own words what does fashion mean to you?
 Margo: Fashion to me is not only a way to express myself but it is truly a form of art.  I knew I was artistically inclined form an very young age. Not pursuing my talent after high school was a regret of mine for a while. I knew I had to find a way to incorporate art into my every day life. The blog has allowed me to do just that.  The way I dress is an artistic expression of my personality.

8.Do you have an advice for a new blogger??
 Margo: My best advice to a new blogger {and I still consider myself a fairly new blogger} is stick with it!  There have been many times when I get discouraged or overwhelmed {or hate the way I look in my pictures} and want to give up. I just quickly think of the satisfaction of producing a great post, and that gives me the strength to push on. Reader comments are very inspiring too. Another piece of advice ~ don't go into blogging thinking you're going to make money. Do it because you love it and think any money you make as an added bonus!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post.You guys should go check out her blog here. p.s. all of the above pictures are from Margo's blog. 

4 comments:

  1. she is just too cute! great feature girl!

    http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her style! Great post and love your blog!

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her style too lol and thank you:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting..